As per directions of the Competent Authority, all Chief Executive Officers, District Education Authorities in Punjab, shall ensure availability of First Aid Box in each public sector school under their respective area of jurisdiction. The minimum specifications of such First Aid Box, is attached. You are, therefore, requested to ensure strict compliance of the above-said directions in true letter & spirt.
Normally A basic first aid kit may contain:
- plasters in a variety of different sizes and shapes
- small, medium and large sterile gauze dressings
- at least 2 sterile eye dressings
- triangular bandages
- crêpe rolled bandages
- safety pins
- disposable sterile gloves
- alcohol-free cleansing wipes
- sticky tape
- thermometer (preferably digital)
- skin rash cream, such as hydrocortisone or calendula
- cream or spray to relieve insect bites and stings
- antiseptic cream
- painkillers such as paracetamol (or infant paracetamol for children), aspirin (not to be given to children under 16), or ibuprofen
- antihistamine cream or tablets
- distilled water for cleaning wounds
- eye wash and eye bath
It may also be useful to keep a basic first aid manual or instruction booklet with your first aid kit.
Medicines should be checked regularly to make sure they’re within their use-by dates.